2017 Census of Agriculture Begins in December
Data collection for the 2017 Census of Agriculture begins in December 2017. California avocado growers are encouraged to participate in the Census. Census data is used to:
- Shape programs and initiatives for young and beginning farmers
- Expand access to resources for minority, female and veteran farmers
- Help farmers diversify into new markets
- Define policy that affects the agricultural industry
- Demonstrate the importance of the agricultural industry
The Census is conducted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Agricultural Statistics Service and examines land use, ownership, operator characteristics, production practices, income and expenditures.
The completed Census forms are due February 5, 2018. The Census can be completed online or forms may be returned by mail. Contact Jodi Letterman at Jodi.Letterman@nass.usda.gov or 916.738.6600 for more information.