The California Avocado Commission (CAC) is proud to announce that the CAC 2016 Annual Report is now available on the California avocado growers’ website. The document may be viewed as a digital flipbook or downloaded in pdf format.
If you would like to receive a printed version of the report, CAC will print a copy in-house and mail it to you. A hard copy can be requested by completing the online form. You may also request a hard copy of the document by contacting CAC at firstname.lastname@example.org, 949.341.1955 (phone) or 949.341.1970 (fax).
The 2016 Annual Report highlights a diverse range of activities funded by the California Avocado Commission (CAC), as well as industry statistics and financials. Highlights include:
- A review of the California avocado season
- Messages from outgoing CAC Chairman Doug O’Hara, incoming CAC Chairman Rick Shade and CAC President Tom Bellamore
- Highlights from the season’s consumer campaigns and the tiered marketing programs for foodservice and retail outlets
- A review of steps taken by the Commission to modernize the organization
- A breakdown of grants secured by the Commission
- A status report on advances made by CAC in accessing global markets
- Summaries of independent research studies tracking avocado category growth and consumer preferences
- Recent developments in the diminishing threat of the polyphagous shot hole borer (PSHB) and Kuroshio shot hole borer (KSHB)
- Audited Financial Statements (2015-16)
- Ten-year Industry Statistical Data