The California Avocado Society (CAS) is currently seeking a Weekly Newsline Editor. This is an independent contractor position and compensation, which is paid monthly and dependent on the number of subscribers, is currently at $28,000 per year. Applicants should be a resident of a California growing area and not employed or directly/indirectly affiliated with an avocado packing or marketing entity (other than as an avocado grower).
Duties and responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Compile industry data
- Communicate with industry members
- Draft articles and commentaries on industry issues, U.S. market conditions, trends and pricing
- Publish the CAS Newsline on a weekly basis
- Attend California Avocado Commission field meetings, board meetings and some committee meetings
- Attend CAS board meetings
Interested parties should submit a letter of interest, resume and two (2) 450-500 word article samples. One article should address marketing and the other should address an industry issue.
For more information, contact Sawsan Knobel, CAS Executive Administrator at 949.40.8869 or email@example.com.