California Small Farm Conference
The California Small Farm Conference is a unique opportunity for small-scale farmers to meet with industry leaders and innovators in the interests of growing their business. The two-day event attracts more than 300 attendees and includes workshops, field courses and networking opportunities. The event will be held October 29 – 30 in at the Robert Cabral Agricultural Center, 2101 East Earhart Avenue, Stockton, California.
This year, the keynote speakers at the event are:
- Sustainable farming thought leaders Carl Rosato and Helen Atthowe who created Woodleaf Farms
- Danny Lazzarini and Andrew Seidman, the new owners of Woodleaf Farms
Field courses include:
- Conservation That Works
- Postharvest Handling
- Sediment and Erosion Control Plans
- Creative Financing Strategies for Sustainable Farmland Succession
- Practical Applications of Soil Health Research
- Farmers Engaged in Policy
- Food Safety
- Agritourism — A Community Approach
- Farm Finance Networking
Sunday will consist primarily of off-site field courses and on-site short courses, as well as exhibits and a networking reception. Monday will be devoted primarily to workshops. Participants may also attend a roundtable discussion and visit the exhibits. A complete list of events, courses and workshops is available online.