CAPCA ED Hosting Shot Hole Borer Seminar
On August 15, CAPCA ED is hosting a Continuing Education Seminar that may be of interest to California avocado growers. CAPCA ED is offering a half-day rate ($50) for growers who would be interested in attending the shot hole borer (SHB) portion of the seminar only. As concerns the shot hole borer, the following topics will be discussed:
- SHB update for Southern California
- Recent studies concerning SHB and Fusarium Dieback disease in Southern California
- Pesticide studies that concentrate on SHB and Fusarium Dieback
- Control strategies for SHB and other host species in avocado
- SHB urban landscape management update
The seminar will be held at Green Dragon Tavern and Museum, 6115 Paseo del Norte, Carlsbad, CA, 92011. Registration begins at 7:00 a.m. and the SHB portion of the seminar will take place from 7:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Cost for the SHB-only portion of the seminar is $50; if you opt for the full-day seminar (7:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.) the rate is $70 and includes lunch. The student rate is $25. These “Early Bird” registration rates are good through August 1.
Interested growers can register online now. Registration closes August 8. Please note that space is limited for this seminar.