CAS to Host a Seven-day Mexican Avocado Tour for CAS Active Members
The California Avocado Society (CAS) will host a seven-day excursion to the heart of Mexico’s avocado industry — Uruapan, Michoacán — for CAS active members. Michoacán is known for its lakes, volcanoes, stunning landscapes, vibrant indigenous cultures and handicrafts.
The CAS Mexican Avocado Tour will take place from October 3-9, 2017. The cost of the tour is $1450.00 and includes:
- Roundtrip airfare on a major carrier from Tijuana International Airport.
- Six nights hotel with breakfast daily at the splendid Hotel Mansión del Cupatitzio, Uruapan (adjacent to
- National Park Barranca del Cupatitzio)
- Two Dinners (one on day of arrival)
- Ground transportation to and from hotel and five days of excursions
- CBX Border crossing ticket to Tijuana (parking fees not covered)
- Travel insurance
The tour itinerary is as follows.
- Day 1 — Departure and Arrival, Tijuana International Airport to Lic. and Gen. Ignacio López Rayón International Airport, Uruapan. Transportation to hotel followed by dinner.
- Day 2-4 — Visit and explore some of Mexico’s oldest avocado ranches, packing houses and processing plants near Uruapan. Learn about Mexico’s export business to the United States and have the opportunity to ask questions.
- Days 5-6 — Cultural tours to Morelia and Patzcuaro.
Those interested in participating in the tour must secure their spot with a $700 deposit by August 15, with the $750 balance due September 15.
For more information, contact Sawsan Knobel at CaliforniaAvocadoSociety@gmail.com or 949-940-8869.