Green Waste-Wood Biomass Management Symposium for Southern California
The University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) is offering a seminar entitled, “Southern California Green Waste – Wood Biomass Management Symposium.” The symposium is designed for arborists/foresters/tree care professionals, land managers, researchers, industry stakeholders, elected officials and county agricultural commissioners, members of city parks and public works departments and those involved in waste management, water/air quality control and biomass processing.
The symposium will consist of presentations by land managers, industry professionals, experts, scientists and policy makers designed to help attendees learn more about responsibly managing and disposing of green waste and wood biomass. Topics include:
- Impact of the increasing biomass situation
- Threats, challenges and at-risk considerations
- Biomass management methods and resources
- Discussion of current, developing and needed biomass management policies
- Biomass best management practices
- Costs versus benefits of varying biomass strategies
The symposium will take place February 9, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the Handlery Hotel, 950 Hotel Circle N, San Diego, CA, 92108. Details concerning the location and registration information will be released soon. For more information, visit the symposium website or contact Jan Gonzales at email@example.com.