Hass Avocado Board Appointments Announced
The Hass Avocado Board is composed of 12 members who are nominated by the avocado industry and appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture. The twelve-member board is composed of seven producer members, two importer members and three producer or importer members that serve in swing seats. Swing seats are determined by the ratio of domestic to import avocado production; since 2006, the swing seats have been assigned to importers.
Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue has announced the Hass Avocado Board appointments as follows.
Producers appointed to serve three-year terms:
- Susan V. Pinkerton, Santa Paula, Calif.
- Laurie M. Luschei, Mission Viejo, Calif.
- Ben Van Der Kar, Carpinteria, Calif.
Producers appointed to serve three-year terms as alternates:
- C J Shade, Ojai, Calif.
- Will Carleton, Carpinteria, Calif.
- Jeff Dickinson, Fallbrook, Calif.
Importers appointed to serve three-year terms:
- Jorge A. Hernandez, Pharr, Texas
- Sergio Chavez, Lake Elsinore, Calif.
Importers appointed to serve three-year terms as alternates:
- Jose Antonio Gomez, Plantation, Fla.
- Nils Goldschmidt, Henderson, Nev.
Producer appointed to serve a two-year term as an alternate:
- Bob Schaar, Fallbrook, Calif.
Producer appointed to serve a one-year term as an alternate:
- Thomas A. Escalante, Oxnard, Calif.
For more information about the Hass Avocado Board, visit their website.