National Farmers Union Offering Women in Leadership Conference
The National Farmers Union (NFU) is hosting a “Women in Leadership” Conference from January 14 – 18, 2018 in San Diego, California. The conference is designed to provide women with information concerning:
- Business planning
- Succession planning
- Running for local office
- Innovative marketing
The event is designed to help women in agriculture develop a network of female producers they can reach out to during the course of the year, as well as provide the attendees with tools that can help them operate with success.
Conference speakers include:
- Iris Gardner, owner/grower Primeval Gardens, a Certified Naturally Grown farm
- Sara Wat, Community Health Specialist at CalAgrAbility
- Liz Johnson, co-founder and board member at VoteRunLead
- Sarah Campbell, Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency Outreach Office
- Lisa Kivirist, Serendipity Farm and B&B, and Senior Fellow, Endowed Chair in Agricultural Systems for the Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture
- Kriss Marion, President of the Wisconsin Farmers Union South Central Chapter
- Madeline Schultz, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Women in Ag Program Manger
- Poppy Davis, teacher and adviser concerning agricultural business and policy issues
- Barbar Patterson, Government Relations Director for NFU
- Sarah Lloyd, Special Projects Coordinator for the Wisconsin Farmers Union and Secretary of the Board and Director of Development for the Wisconsin Food Hub Cooperative
The conference will be held at the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa, located at 3999 Mission Boulevard, San Diego, California. Special room rates have been secured for attendees.
For complete information, visit the NFU Women’s Conference website.