Organic Grower Summit to Be Held in December
The California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) and Organic Produce Network will host the Organic Grower Summit from December 13 – 14. The event will bring together organic growers, production, supply chain and support service providers. The summit will take place from 1:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday and from 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. on Thursday at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa located at 1 Old Golf Course Road, Monterey, CA.
On Wednesday, December 13, the Summit will offer a PCA training session, to be followed by a reception and CCOF Foundation Dinner. On Thursday, educational breakout sessions on a variety of topics will be held. Topics of interest to California avocado growers include:
- Issues facing organic farmers
- Clean and renewable technologies
- Tools for plant and soil health
- Essentials of sustainable packaging
- Leveraging precision agriculture
- The breakout sessions will be followed by keynote addresses and an afternoon exhibition. The exhibition will feature companies that provide services and supplies to organic producers such as seed, soil amendment, packaging, equipment, technology, field production and food safety components. The complete schedule may be found online.
The registration fee is $399 in advance ($459 at the door) and includes all Summit activities and meals including the opening reception, breakfast, educational sessions, keynote presentations, lunch and the exhibition. Registrants can save $50 on their registration fee by entering their CCOF code when registering online.