Pesticide Safety Instructor Training Workshops Address New Regulations
The UC Integrated Pest Management Program and AgSafe are offering Pesticide Safety Instructor Training Workshops that qualify participants to train fieldworkers and pesticide handlers according to the revised Worker Protection Standards. The workshops are designed for ag supervisors, growers, farm labor contractors, safety managers and safety trainers. The training sessions will be offered in both English and Spanish. Attendees are eligible for continuing education hours through the California Department of Pesticide Regulations.
Workshop topics will include:
- Pesticide exposure
- Exposure signs and symptoms of illness
- Emergency medical care
- Proper use of personal protective equipment
- Safe handling and transportation of pesticides
- Laws and regulations regarding labels and safety data sheets
Seminars will be held from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (with a 7:45 a.m. check in) as follows:
- September 6 — Ventura (English)
- September 20 — Ventura (Spanish)
- October 10 — Pomona (English)
- October 12 — Davis (English)
- October 25 — Santa Maria (English)
- October 26 — Santa Maria (Spanish)
- November 15 — Bakersfield (English)
- November 16 — Bakersfield (Spanish)
- November 28 — Clovis (English)
- November 29 — Clovis (Spanish)
The fee for the seminar is $200 per person and includes a continental breakfast, lunch and materials. Those who successfully complete the seminar will receive a certificate of completion.
Please note, no refunds will be given. Space is limited, so those interested in attending the workshop should register online early. For more information, contact email@example.com.