Santa Paula Meeting: Fire Recovery and Frost Refresher
The University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE), USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA), California Avocado Commission (CAC) and California Avocado Society will host a Fire Recovery and Frost Refresher meeting on January 10, 2018 from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. at the Santa Paula Agricultural Museum located at 926 Railroad Avenue, Santa Paula, CA.
The meeting agenda is as follows:
- Introduction – Ben Faber, UCCE
- Damage to Avocado Orchards – Ken Melban, CAC
- Disaster Resources Available from USDA – Farm Service Agency – Daisy Banda, USDA- FSA
- Assessing Fire and Frost Damage and Recovery Practices – Ben Faber
- Fire Loss Calculator – Eta Takele, UCCE
- Fire Experiences – What Works, What Doesn’t and What Might – Grower Panel
Representatives from the Ventura and Santa Barbara Agricultural Commissions will be present. In addition, FSA representatives will be available to take Disaster Applications from 8:00 am -12:00 pm.
If you experienced fire damage, you will need to complete a Fire Damage Assessment Form. Click on the links below to access the forms.
- Ventura County 2017 Fire Damage Assessment Form
- Santa Barbara County Agricultural Disaster Loss Survey
Refreshments will be served during the meeting. For more information contact Ben Faber at 805.645.1462.