Sustainable and Organic Production for Southern California Seminar
The Organic Fertilizer Association of California (OFAC) and California Association of Pest Control Advisers (CAPCA) are hosting a “Sustainable/Organic Production in Southern California” seminar on Tuesday, April 11 at the California Center for the Arts located at 340 N. Escondido Blvd, Escondido, CA, 92025. Presentations will cover the following topics:
- Regulatory updates concerning pesticide use, regulation and compliance of organic farmers
- Regulatory status of biostimulants and biopesticides
- Sustainable and organic practices in urban landscapes
- Sustainable and organic integrated snail management
- Insect and pest management options for organic production
- Composting as a plant biosecurity measure
- Organic herbicides and recent trials
- Grower panel addressing the challenges of managing pest control and fertility in sustainable organic farming
The event will also include tabletop exhibits featuring products and services for the certified organic farmer.
Interested parties can register online. Online registration closes April 4. The cost of the seminar is $70 for members and non-members and $25 for students. For more information contact Ariana Zamora at 805.704.3255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.