Ventura County Groundwater Forum
The Farm Bureau of Ventura County is hosting the “Countdown to Sustainability: Ventura County’s Groundwater Forum” on November 15 from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. at the Courtyard by Marriott located at 600 East Esplanade Drive, Oxnard, CA, 93036. The free forum will focus on Ventura County’s progress in implementing requirements of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) since it was enacted three years ago.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Welcome address from Glenn Shephard, director, Watershed Protection District and Sue Hughes, deputy executive officer, County of Ventura
- Overview of SGMA progress, including the establishment of Groundwater Sustainability Agencies (GSAs) and plans (John Krist, CEO, Farm Bureau of Ventura County)
- Review of activities conducted by the Sacramento Department of Water Resources (Trevor Joseph, sustainable groundwater management section chief, California Department of Water Resources)
- A look at how groundwater basins work and what monitoring and modeling efforts predict about the future of Ventura County’s groundwater basins (Tony Morgan, deputy general manager of groundwater resources, United Water Conservation District)
- A panel discussion concerning how GSAs are working to build a regulatory structure for groundwater distribution
- A summary of funds, tools and other resources available to support SGMA implementation (Lynn Rodriguez, projects manager, Watersheds Coalition of Ventura County)
Online registration for the event is now available.