The guest speakers for this seminar are as follows:
- Khaled Bali, director and irrigation/water management advisor at UCCE- Imperial County/UC Desert Research and Extension Center
- Alireza Pourreza, UC Davis Ag engineer
- Tim Spann, California Avocado Commission research program director
Presentations will include
- In with the Good, Out with the Bad!
- What Still Works: Soil Augers, Tensiometers, Multisensors with Data Loggers, Soil Maps, Fertilizer Schedules and Crowely's Nutrient Management Calculator.
The April 17 meeting will be held in the Crop Science building (#17), room 101/102, at Cal Poly. The Crop Science building is located at the corner of Highland Drive and Mt. Bishop Road. To get to the building from Hwy 1 (Santa Rosa Road), turn north and travel one-quarter mile. The Crop Science building is located on the left just before Mt. Bishop. Turn left on Mt. Bishop and drive to Parking Lot H1. Attendees will need to purchase a parking ticket at the “Pay Station” in the lot.