The UC Integrated Pest Management Program and AgSafe are offering Pesticide Safety Instructor Training Workshops that qualify participants to train fieldworkers and pesticide handlers according to the revised Worker Protection Standards. The workshops are designed for ag supervisors, growers, farm labor contractors, safety managers and safety trainers. The training sessions will be offered in both English and Spanish. Attendees are eligible for continuing education hours through the California Department of Pesticide Regulations.
Workshop topics will include:
- Pesticide exposure
- Exposure signs and symptoms of illness
- Emergency medical care
- Proper use of personal protective equipment
- Safe handling and transportation of pesticides
- Laws and regulations regarding labels and safety data sheets
The workshops will be held as follows:
- September 6 — Ventura (English)
- September 20 — Ventura (Spanish)
- October 10 — Pomona (English)
- October 25 — Santa Maria (English)
- October 26 — Santa Maria (Spanish)
Space is limited, so those interested in attending the workshop should register online early.