CAC provides two publications for growers. The GreenSheet is a semi-monthly e-newsletter and e-alert vehicle with up-to-the-minute California avocado grower news, research and information. From the Grove is a quarterly print publication providing California avocado growers with the latest avocado industry news.
The GreenSheet e-newsletter is the California Avocado Commission's (CAC) primary means of sharing important, up-to-the-minute California avocado industry news, research and information on a semi-monthly basis. The GreenSheet is also sent to California avocado stakeholders on an as-needed basis to alert industry members of adverse weather events, critical pest updates or time-sensitive legislative issues.
Subscribe to the CAC GreenSheet to receive:
- critical e-alerts that forewarn you of adverse weather trends, inform you of time-sensitive pest alerts, and share information on legislative actions that may affect you
- timely, valuable avocado industry news
- easy-to-understand avocado grove cultural management and best practices articles
- updates on CAC-funded avocado production research
- CAC marketing program briefs
- CAC meeting notices and updates on CAC operations
From the Grove is a quarterly print publication from the California Avocado Commission providing the latest news from the California avocado industry.
From the Grove provides:
- in depth California avocado grower profiles that share a grower's history and best practices for avocado grove management
- the latest food safety, GAP and GHP news and initiatives
- robust summaries and photo essays of CAC's consumer and trade marketing efforts
- informative summaries on the latest CAC avocado production research projects
- updates on avocado pest management and cultural management best practices
- timely essays on legislative, labor and water issues that affect California avocado growers
- news on the latest consumer/trade regional and global avocado industry trends
- reports and updates from CAC operations